Saturday, October 30, 2010

Humanizing Money

Humans to want to humanize money and by that I mean they want to ask money's permission to buy something. Why?  It's because we let money rule us not the other way around. You see them standing there looking at something figuring out in their head if they can afford it. They may know they can't but they'll stand there and argue with money like it's a spouse. "If I sacrifice this bill this month I can buy this TV/game/car, etc now"  I know that I'm guilty of this 100% of the time I go to Walmart.  Most of what I do or have done is impulse buy. I buy a game take it home realize it sucks and I hate myself, kick, scream, cuss and call my self an idiot because I just blew off a bill in favor of a stupid game that I won't be playing in a month anyway.  The game is gone, but the bill keeps coming up only double or triple depending on late fees, interest rates, etc. OR they shut off a service and come and get your shit because you wanted short term gratification instead of long term peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment