Monday, October 25, 2010

October 9th, 2010 3:00 p.m. Room 259

Room 259 took away someone pretty special to me. I'll never forget being in that room that day. Grandma passed away so peacefully.  She was ready to go and had been for a long time it's just that we weren't ready for that. We thought she had this heart attack thing whipped. She was optimistic and moving. This wasn't going to slow her down. A piece of our hearts will forever mourn this. I don't think time is the best healer. Knowing that she is at peace is comforting. She lived her life to the best of her ability. She was mom and Grandma to everyone.  She sacrificed everything so others could be comforted in times of need. She was the rock of the family and of the town she lived. Everyone knew Mary Letterman. And those who didn't missed out. She was a prime example of how to live life. You never give up. You never lie down. You fight the good fight. You love others as you love God and as you would want them to love you. You're not selfish. You give and expect nothing in return.

2 comments:

  1. True!

    We miss her always and aspire to live up to her example. I know I'm getting my butt in church and raising my kids under the steeple! We have to be our own prayer warriors now that God has his angel with him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You said it all! I feel honored to have known her....even if it was just for a short time. She is, truly, in a better place.

    ReplyDelete