Monday, August 9, 2010

Summer in Half Way

It's hot. That's all there is to say about Half Way this time of year. It's hot. Grass is burnt.  Weed eater didn't want to run so I threw it back in the shed and said the heck with it. I did manage to mow what little grass did grow around the house though.

I've been thinking of taking a complete digital sabbatical.  I started to realize how fun it was to get out of the house and sweat a little. Trust me I could sweat off a few pounds and be O.K with it. I was out working on the Kubota ( For some mysterious reason it didn't want to start until I squirted a little WD40 in the carb) and I was sweating like a pig. Remember when you were little and you didn't know what a heat stroke was?  You could go all damn day without water and survive while playing in the sand box or kicking your brother's ass (his bad leg) and not think anything of it.  We didn't have a/c, we had fans.  We survived. We played with our big wheels and pushed each other on brother powered go karts and crap. We didn't have battery operated power wheels and even if they made them we didn't know about it. We would go cool off in the pond or for fun we'd fight for no reason whatsoever.  Maybe we were bored.

Anyway, back to the story. I was thinking it might be fun to just turn it all off and go outside, get hot a little, crack open a cold one and it enjoy it all. Then run back in crank the a/c and turn on the XBOX. :)

1 comment:

  1. magnificent points altogether, you just received a new reader.

    What might you recommend about your publish that you simply made some days
    in the past? Any certain?

    Also visit my web blog; buffaloed

    ReplyDelete